What is a Certificate of Insurance (COI)
By Definition: A certificate of insurance is a document issued by or on behalf of an insurance company to a third party who has not contracted with the insurer to purchase an insurance policy. The most common type of certificate is that provided for informational purposes to advise a third party of the existence and amount of insurance issued to the named insured.
How to Request a Workers Compensation Certificate
iBusinessSolutions prides itself in turning around certificates as soon as possible. Our multiple request platforms, Self-Serve, Online Requests, and via Email, allow us to deliver the information you need in a timely manner.
What is a Waiver of Subrogation (WOS)?
By Definition: Subrogation is a legal principle in which a person who has paid another expenses or debt assumes the others rights to recover from the person responsible for the expenses or debt. For example, if someone hits your car in a parking lot and causes significant damage, your insurance company will pay you for the damage (assuming you bought collision insurance,) then recover the amount of its payment (subrogate) from the other driver (or, more commonly, from the driver’s insurance company.) Subrogation holds ultimately responsible the person who should pay for the damage. Workers’ compensation policies require an endorsement whenever a waiver of subrogation is desired. This endorsement may apply on a blanket basis to all parties with whom the insured has written contracts requiring waivers. Alternatively, it can apply only to the party listed on its schedule. The insurance company may charge up to two percent of the policy premium for blanket coverage or two to five percent of the project’s premium for individual coverage.
Request to be setup for Self-Serve certificates to have the ability to process your own certificates.
- Create an email to: COI@iBusinessSolutions.com
- In the Subject Line include the name of your company “- Self Serve Setup”In the body of the message include the email address that you would like to have as your login.
- Allow 48 Hours to process this request. Once complete you will receive confirmation with a provided password be sure to save this password so that way it is not lost.
Once Setup is Complete
- Visit the following website to begin processing certificates: Now Cert Login
- Enter the email address requested at Initial Request and password provided in confirmation email
- If password is lost you can request that it be e-mailed to you after supplying the appropriate email address.
- Insert Proper Certificate Holder Information (Name and Address)
- Click Continue
- Completed Certificate will populate automatically.
- Complete the necessary information to the right
- Await certificate
Sign Up to
Process your own Certificates!